donate

Friday, November 19, 2010

Off to Easter Island



In the morning I'm taking the world's longest flight to Easter Island where I'll meet up with the 65 foot sailboat Alaska Eagle and sail 2200 miles to Puerto Montt, Chile. I'll try to post a bit while I'm on Easter Island, but once we set sail on Wednesday I won't be able to post... not much wi-fi in the middle of the pacific.

We will however be posting daily log entries over on the OCC website which you can get to here. Click on leg 2 to see where we're at, and a little message from one of the crew members. If you're tech savvy you can enter our latitude/longitude coordinates into google maps and see where the boat is. It can be a little tricky though sometimes but enter out coordinates in this format: 27.05S 109.20W and it ought to work... if it looks like we're on land, you screwed up somewhere. See you in a month.

- Josh

1 comment:

Smith said...

Be careful Joshy boy, many more adventures await