donate

Sunday, July 22, 2007

I must have blacked out......In a heartbeat

Tomorrow I head back to the home land.. I guess most people would say this is the end of the line for this traveller.



I however would say this is just the beginning of a new chapter.



I have seen 4 continents, 15 countries, 10 planes, 2 sweet rental modes of transportation, tons of buses, trains and cabs, 300 beers, and millions of aussie backpackers, in just 2 months.



Punk rockers and sushi in Japan, my first overnight train and seeing josh cry (the 1st time) in thailand



Rice planters, rice wine and NVA soldiers in vietnam, Atms with american dollars and temples the size of Rhode Island in Cambodia



The Atlantic Ocean and the best orange juice in the whole world in Morocco, an awesome drunk guy in a bar named Deter and the Autobahn in Germany.



A Polish waitress named Milena (who Josh Vows to marry) and 20 zlotz that i hope i get to spend on my next trip to Poland,



Goulash and Amazing beer in the Cezch Rep., a trip through Slovakia

for a good sit with some wine in Austria



A full family of friends and a jacket from a factory that I worked in from Italy,

Space cakes and flowers in the Netherlands and a night in a train station in Belguim.



Today was the last day of my journey, I leave josh to fend for himself, although I am sure he will do just fine i have eaten every meal, slept in the same room and gone on an adventure of a life time each and everyday with him for 2 months.



Its been two months and it seems like its been two weeks.



I checked the news everyonce in a while, only when i remembered.



I forgot what its like to check for your cellphone when you wake up in the morning or get home from a long night of drinking.



I have learned to take my money out of a pouch that i keep in my pants instead of out a wallet.



I use ciao for hello and goodbye, i some times catch myself saying things like "good on ya" or "spot on".



I dont ever check the weather b/c i only have one pair of long pants and a light weight zip-up so i am pretty much prepared for nothing.



I have learned a new definition of clean and dirty, which i am pretty ok with.



I eat when food is available and sleep when ever i get the chance.



I wrote and called my mom when i got the chance. More than i thought i would have been able too.



I tried to send post cards in all the countries i went too but got too lazy after vietnam.



I would have liked to have packed less so I could bring back more.



I wouldnt have fallen alseep in the sun with out sunscreen in vietnam, but would have more in the alps.



I think i would have tried Dog if i had the chance and still eaten the cockroach in a bar in Cambodia.



I have a new appreciation of the convenince that we are accustomed to in the states, stores being open on sundays, always having hot water and electricity, a somewhat decent level of taxation and representation, decent prices on petrol even though we think its outrageous (come here and then complain about what we have at home).



I have a new understanding of money and work.



I am selling my first friend on Ebay and eating my last dinner in Europe.



I wakeboarded in the Netherlands and raced dune buggies in Italy.



I woke up some times and forgot what country we were in, but never had a bad night of sleep.



I met friends from all over the world and can't wait for them to come visit.



I missed my Computer dearly, but only because I am sick of the songs on my iPod.



I have learned, seen, tried and experienced so much that I figured out I have so much more to Learn, see, try and experience.



I am sad to leave and happy to come home.



If you asked "if you had the chance.....and couldn't change a thing....if you had the chance to do it all over again?"





.....In a Heart Beat........

1 comment:

Hannah said...

I don't know you, but I just wanted to thank you for this post. Congratulations on taking such an adventure - you two are in inspiration :-)