donate

Monday, July 2, 2007

We're going to Germany?

It's been quite some time since we've put up a new blog, so I appologiwe, but it's for good reason. The motorcycle ride caused me to lose all dexterity in my left hand...I couldn't even hold chopsticks (not good in asia) or type. I'm almost all better, but the Moroccans seem to use an "AZERTY" keyboard, rather than the US "QWERTY" style we use at home; this makes typing nearly impossible but I've figured out a way around that.

Anyway, we're sitting in a cyber-cafe in Marrakech right now, killing time befor we head to the airport (where we will be sleeping tonight) for our 8AM flight to Frankfurt, Germany. We're not sure how we ended up with tickets to Germany, but they were the cheapest, and Morocco is not what we thought it would be so we're getting the hell out ASAP. Smith and I's backsides are both a little sore from the way we've been screwed since we first got here.

Everyone has their hand out, and will lie and cheat you for every cent they can get out of you. A woman chased me through the Medina (main square) yesterday offering to put a Scorpion henna tattoo on my cheek, when I refused she squirted it on my hand and left a nice mark on it because I couldnt find a paper towel to get it off right away.

It's definitely a spectacle, the snake charmers are there each night, monkeys, drug addicts, dancers, spin doctors... 5 times a day there is indistinguishable screaming coming from the minarettes which provides intertainment for smith and I as we immitate a professional boxing announcer. "In the red burka, weighing in at 145lbs, the Moroccan Maniac..."

Whatever, we've had enough of the spectacle, so we're heading to Eastern Europe where we'll stretch every euro to make this ride last as long as we can. I've sat on Skype for the last 3 hours calling every resource I've got whose willing to help out two crazy Americans, although we've been "Canadian" twice to save us the story about how they love Americans and we're all best friends.

Stay Strong,
- Josh

4 comments:

Minneys Yacht Surplus said...

Massimo's e-mail is massimo.bear@tiscali.it his phone number is +393483815901 Happy Birthday. Love from dad-Annette and Tyler. Massimo has your birthday present so look him up????

Thompson & Thompson said...

Hi Josh ... I felt the same way about Morroco 30 years ago ... YIKES!!! Have a great trip to Europe, and a fantastic Birthday ... xoxo, Annette

Minneys Yacht Surplus said...

Josh-Today is Tyler's birthday. Great fireworks display last night at the Dunes. All's well in Newport Beach. Massimo received your e-mail while I was having coffee with him at Starbucks. he is ready to put you two up with him for a week or ten days. He will travel about Italy on business and wants you guys to go with him. He will be going to Florence and other cool places. His home town of Torino is really interesting also. Have a nice day and HAPPY BIRTHDAY AGAIN......... DAD

Mo said...

Hi Honey! Is it your birthday yet???HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO JOSH!!!
You're not a teenager any more!! 20 years old...wow! Can't believe Tyler is 17 today!
Missed you for the 4th yesterday.We BBQ'd & did the fireworks in the street. I hope you hook up with Massimo. Love you Josh!