donate

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Your Money Is No Good Here!

That is without a doubt the best thing two kids traveling around the world on a dwindling budget could ever hear. And it was repeated time after time for an entire week while our favorite Italian family adopted us, and showed us the highlights of northern Italy... here are a few of them:

3 gorgeous daughters aged 16, 22, and 24.

Italian graduation party where we all ended up in a swimming pool, and all of the graduates had their GPA written in black sharpee on their faces.

I learned to drive a stick shift on a tractor at 3 am after some heavy drinking.

We jumped off a 30 foot bridge into a river that saw some of the bloodiest battles of the second world war.

Ate more than we could eat in two lifetimes.

Worked in the Parajumper factory. Earned 2 jackets.

Went dune-buggying through the italian alps at about 50 mph.

Drank cases of the best wine on the planet.

Ate on top of a hill that reminded us of some of the shacks in Vietnam.

Drove Massimo's Mercedes 100 KM to rescue his Harley davidson that had been left on the side of the road the night before.

From there we hopped on a train to Rome (a train where I left my videocamera) and met up with Cami, who was my 8 month crush at St. John's and has since started playing for the other team (lesbian) and now sharing a bed is harmless. Still find myself waking up naked, with clothes strwn about the apartment that we ended up in. Cami's friend has a grandpa who has a vacation apartment that looks onto the Vatican which Smith and I have had the run of for 4 days. I don't know why people trust us so much...we almost burned the place down the first night when we were taking "flaming shots" of 190 proof alcohol which I bought on accident. Luckily only my hand caught on fire that night.

We are headed to Brussels tonight then onto Amsterdamn wher we will settle up on some bets that we've made throughout the trip...Smith's ahead by a significant margine but I'm not throwing in the towel yet. Smith will then head home because he had enough money to buy a ticket. I on the other hand am left with a few options.

Idea one which will be implemented shortly is to sell myself and 1 week of work/manual labor to the highest bidder within the continental United States on EBAY in exchange for a plane ticket.

Idea two is to travel as a courrier for British Airways whom I have already contacted, however most trips require a return flight.

Idea three is to have some sort of "Bring Back Josh" party in various locations throughout the world.

Idea four would be to hop on a boat headed anywhere and arrive somewhere at sometime.

None of these ideas will be of any importance until after I spend some time in the UK where I will stay with some family, and hopefully get the chance to buy a girl whom I met in Vietnam a drink and appologize for something that happened 9 countries ago.

We'll keep you updated on all of the preceeding, as well as the sleeping arrangements inside a Belgian airport.

Ciao,
Josh

3 comments:

Terisa said...

I'm up for a "Live Aid" type of a party for you Josh! I'll work with Tyler to do a Captain and Tenille Duet. Ikaika can do some Tahitian Dancing. Camille and your mom can do a Hula Hoop act...I'm sure the neighbors would pay us to stop.

"Muskrat Suzy... Muskrat Sam.." Maybe I can get Tyler to dress up as a Muskrat...lol!!! I need to find the lyrics..gotta go...

Have fun! Be Safe!!

Minneys Yacht Surplus said...

Wow! Sounds as if Massimo showed you guys a great time. Annette and I are willing to do our "street musician" gig for a couple of nights and give all the proceeds to your airline ticket fund. Your plight is sounding like "Charlie" and the MTA. There's always work to do at the store so if you find your way to California you will be able to make a few bucks before school starts. Have a great day and remind Michael of the sailing trip we took together a few years ago. Have a great day. dad

Maureen said...

Hi Honey! What a fabulous trip to Italy! Massimo took good care of you! I hope your bringing me back a bottle of that wine!
I'm practicing my hula hoop routine for you Josh! I'll buy a LOTTO ticket too...just in case! Call me this weekend!
Love you! XOXOXOXOXO
Mom