donate

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

This is It

EASTER ISSLAND


Final post before Leaving for Puerto Montt:

Spent about six hours aboard the boat yesterday preparing her for sea once again. Refueled with about 250 gallons of deisel fuel in giant bladders we had to haul to the local gas station then lower into the inflatable with a crane, and now sending a few last minute emails before we take off in a half hour.

Easter Island is an incredible place, and while most visitors come to see the statues, it's the people I've met here that will really make it memorable. I don't have time to write the poetic post I'd like so I'll save it for another time. All checked out of my hotel, spent more money in less time on the smallest island imaginable, took lots of pictures, met lots of great people and am now ready to sail.

Turns out some of the crew didn't make it so I think we're down to about 9 of us. Should be a good ride, we estimate landfall in about 18 days. I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving and has plenty of time to wrap my presents before I get home.

Remember you can follow the boat here, we're leg 2.

See you in Chile,
Josh

No comments: