donate

Friday, December 10, 2010

Made it to Chile!


Short post because I wasted all my time on Skype. We made it across in about 12 days or so and anchored a night in some of the chanels off of Chiloe which is an island off of Chile. Pretty painless ride from Easter Island, read about 5 books, told and retold jokes, ate well, and got blisters from steering so much. Beautiful little anchorage in the middle of nowhere where we tied off between two islands for the night.


Ver mapa más grande

We're now 90 miles north in the town of Castro which is the capital of Chiloe. Funky little place, really cold, over 150 churches on the island, food's not bad... this is where they do most of the country's salmon farming. Quite an operation. We're leaving in the morning to motor up to Puerto Montt and then we're off the boat on the 13th. I've got a few days before my flight home so I'll work on getting some pictures up when I get there.

Chao,
Josh

No comments: