donate

Friday, June 8, 2007

Hello from the Tokyo Half

Everyday I step outside the doors of my Sleeping hole with the idea that its an adventure. i never know what to expect and expect nothing. Flights at 6:10pm. So we head out at about 2:30. 3.5 hours ahead of the flight that should be plenty. My adventure begins. So far on this trip i have had adventurous treks, adventurous meals and more adventures on the streets of Tokyo than I can explain. This is just another adventure. 1 hour to get to the airport and more than 15 stops between me and my goal. Next thing i know were running, no Sprinting through the airport, ANA Airlines, United where the hell is the check in desk. Finally we made it, I am sorry Mr. Anderson you have missed your flight. AHHHH! ok keep calm, no worries when is the next flight? "well let me check" well it seems that this ticket can not be changed through us your going to have to get in touch with your travel agency. Well i know there is a United flight in 45 min. can i get on that one? (ANA and United are partner airlines). i grab my bags and we run to United, 4 min of some Japanese some smiles and some laughs I am confident that I will make the flight, a quick phone call and I am all set. We can get you on this flight but you will have to pay full fare...$1500, I turn to Josh "its and adventure" and with a fist pound he is off running down the terminal, it was a scene right out a movie except there was no happy reunion at the gate where i Say I love you stay with me, it was just me my two Japanese flight attendants and some screaming Children in the background.



I made several calls the the US STA Travel office with absolutely no success, 24 hour support, who are they kidding. After getting in touch with a gentleman who was no help I concluded the best plan of action was to head back to Tokyo on the same trains that had caused this whole fiasco to begin with. As i arrive back into the city I grab some food because i am famished at this point and Head back to Laynas apt, where i had been staying for the last week. She and her roommates are at MT. Fuji for the weekend which makes it really convenient for me to get back into their apt. My arms are too BIG!!! I can't reach the keys at the bottom of her mail drop box. I walk around outside looking for inspiration and a small purple umbrella is what I found. I felt terrible taking my wire cutters to it. A few bends and creases and I had myself a beautiful hook that was to hopefully keep me from sleeping inthe streets. A few trys later, Eureka, food in hand i am so excited it worked i left the keys in the door, This morning bright and early I packed my bag again and got ready to head to Bangkok. Two trains later I am learning that The only way to change my ticket is to talk to the US office when they open Monday. Monday Night here. With that in mind i grab a ticket for a measly $450.00 and pray that I can get a refund on my last ticket bc if not I may not make it home......Back to laynas it is...and wouldn't you know it God must have seen me steal that poor umbrella b/c it rained the entire walk back...Karma...JOSH ARE YOU ALIVE...still haven't heard from him...another day another adventure.

2 comments:

Terisa said...

Smith where are you??

Terisa said...

I'm loving your blog! Please update!